Popmoney® is a person-to-person payment service that moves money directly between your bank and theirs, and it works with virtually any bank or credit union.
When to use Popmoney?
Share expenses on a gift.
Split the vacation rental with friends.
Be paid back for the team uniforms.
And tons more!
SENDING MONEY +
- To send money, log in to DOT Credit Union Home Banking and select the Popmoney tab.
- Send money using the recipient's name and email address, mobile number or checking/savings account information.
- You can even make it special by using one of our eGreetings.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- If your recipient's financial institution is part of the Popmoney network, they can complete the transaction from their own financial institution's online banking site. If not, they can go to www.popmoney.com to pick up the funds and direct the funds to their bank account.
RECEIVING MONEY +
- You will receive an email or text message telling you someone sent you money.
- Log in to Home Banking and select the Popmoney tab and direct the funds to your bank account. If you are already signed up with Popmoney through our Home Banking program, the funds will be automatically deposited into your checking account.
- Money sent to a specified bank account within the Popmoney network will be automatically deposited there.
REQUESTING MONEY +
- Useful if you have someone that owes you money. You can send them a direct request for the amount they owe.
- In Popmoney, select the option to Request Money then enter the name and e-mail address or mobile number of the person you are requesting money from and the amount.
- You can request money from multiple people on the same transaction, say if five of your friends owe you $5.00 each for a gift.
- You can put a due date and reminders to be sent as the due date gets closer.
- That person can then pay you the money they owe directly through Popmoney. You'll get a notification each time someone has paid your request.